Parent Resource Books Available at Lowrie
- The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges
and Wildest Worries by Michele Borba.
- Building Resilience in Children and Teens: Giving Kids Roots and Wings by
- Choice Words: How Our Language Affects Children’s Learning by Peter H.
- Confident Parents, Remarkable Kids: 8 Principles for Raising Kids You’ll Love to
Live With by Bonnie Harris.
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily
Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children by Ross W. Greene.
- Helping Your Anxious Child: A Step-by-step Guide for Parents by Ronald Rapee.
- Hold Onto Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers by Gabor
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber.rt
- The Hurried Child, 25th Anniversary Edition by David Elkind.
- It’s So Amazing: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies and Families by Robie
- Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges are Falling Through the
- Cracks and How We Can Help Them by Ross W. Greene.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck.
- Nonviolent Communication: Create Your Life, Your Relationships and your World
in Harmony with Your Values.
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel.
- Parenting with Love and Logic: Teaching Children Responsibility by Foster Cline.
- Parents Who Think Too Much: Why We Do It, How To Stop by Ann Cassidy.
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting by Laura
- Playful Parenting by Lawrence J. Cohen.
- Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen.
- Positive Discipline for Preschoolers by Jane Nelson.
- Positive Discipline A-Z by Jane Nelson.
- Positive Discipline for Children With Special Needs by Jane Nelson.
- Raising Self-reliant Children in a Self-indulgent World: Seven Building Blocks for
- Developing Capable Young People by H. Stephen Glenn.
- Setting Limits With Your Strong-willed Child: Eliminating Conflict by
- Establishing Clear, Firm and Respectful Boundaries by Robert J. Mackenzie.
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So you Can
Live Too by Adele Faber.
- Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer,
- Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne.
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards to Punishment to Love and
Reason by Alfie Kohn.
- The Whole-brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s
- Developing Mind by Daniel J. Siegel.
Oregon PTA – Parent Resources
National PTA – Family Resources