PTA Executive Committee Roles /Job Descriptions
- The President works with the executive committee to design and conduct all executive committee meetings.
- The President is responsible for connecting with and supporting all Board members who lead events.
- The President is responsible for all duties and correspondence related to State and National PTA.
- The President is the liaison between the school administration, staff, and PTA membership.
- The President-elect works with the Executive Committee to design and conduct all general membership meetings.
- The President-elect is responsible for connecting with and supporting all board members who lead outreach efforts and fundraising specific efforts.
- The President-elect is responsible for all duties and correspondence related to County and Regional PTA.
- The President-elect is the liaison between the executive committee and the Board.
Vice President for Media and Marketing
- The VP for M&M works with the Board
- The VP for M&M is responsible for the dissemination of information to the Lowrie and Wilsonville community about events and efforts of the PTA.
- The VP for M&M is responsible for connecting with and supporting all Board members who lead media and marketing efforts.
- The VP for M&M is the liaison between the Board and the Lowrie community.
Vice President of Fundraising
- Reviews/revises Fundraising Strategy
- Guides the board in adhering to the Fundraising Strategy
- Oversees and supports all fundraising board positions Acts as liaison between EC and fundraising board positions
- Works with the Treasurer/Budget Committee in setting funding goals and manages budget of fundraising activities
- The treasurer performs the fiduciary duties as described in State and Local Unit Bylaws
- Maintains PTA bank accounts including checking and merchant account(s)
- Prepares and presents monthly “budget to actual” or other financial reports at monthly PTA meeting
- Reconciles monthly bank statements
- Maintains the PTA checkbook (but cannot sign)
- Disperses payments and reimbursements as requested (and approved by the PTA)
- Prepares and maintains files for annual audit
- Responsible for maintaining insurance and filing annual report with Oregon Secretary of State’s Office
- Coordinates with the CPA for tax filings
- The secretary works to accurately document all business conducted at Executive
- Committee and Board meetings.
- The Secretary is responsible for the timely distribution of minutes from all PTA
- meetings. The minutes shall be uploaded to the PTA web site and also e-mailed to all members.
- The Secretary is responsible for coordinating all correspondence between the Executive Committee, the Board, and the general membership.
Guidelines for Executive Committee (elected positions)
- Secretary, Treasurer and VP for Media and Marketing are 2-year terms.
- President and president-elect are 1-year terms, with president-elect assuming the position of president at the completion of the 1-year term as president-elect.
- Executive committee members are considered Board members, and they have additional responsibilities.
- The executive committee is responsible for keeping the PTA focused on the mission and meeting the objectives.
- Executive committee members are expected to attend all executive committee meetings and all general membership meetings. They are also expected to meet with the Board members to whom they are connected.
- Board members are the heart and soul of the PTA. They create our culture and do the work to achieve our mission. The PTA is strong when there is a strong board.
- Board members are expected to fulfill the expectations and duties of the accepted role.
- All coordinators are board members and shall regularly attend PTA general meetings. Occasional absences are expected; regular attendance is also expected.
- Board members shall serve for one year and work to find and train a successor.
- Board members do have the option of serving 2 years in a row in the same position(s).
- Board members may hold more than one position per year.
- Each Board member is connected to a member of the executive committee.
Events: (Connected to President-Elect and Treasurer)
- Science and Inquiry Fair Coordinator
- Book Fair Coordinator
- Parent-Education Night Coordinator
- Harvest Festival Coordinator
- Spring Service Coordinator
- Wheel-A-Thon Coordinator
- Holiday Giving Coordinator
- Winter Family Fest
- Benefit Concert Coordinator (McMennamin’s Night)
- All Around Town
Outreach & Enrichment: (Connected to President and Secretary)
- Legislative Action Coordinator
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Watch DOGS Coordinator
- Language Liaison
- Hospitality Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Membership Coordinator
- Garden Care Coordinator
Marketing and Media: Connected to VP for Media and Marketing
- Bulletin Board Coordinator
- Yearbook Coordinator
- Web Site Coordinator
- Newsletter Coordinator
- Video Production
Fundraising Specific: Connected to VP, Fundraising and Treasurer
- Grant Writing
- Box Tops
- 5th Grade Celebration