The PTA Executive Committee for the 2023-2024 school year are listed below:
|VP Diversity and Inclusion||Karla Brashearfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Fundraising||Rick Rangelemail@example.com|
|VP Media and Marketing||Jenna Rangelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Guidelines for Executive Committee Positions
- Executive committee positions are elected positions.
- Secretary, Treasurer and VP for Media and Marketing are 2-year terms.
- President and president-elect are 1-year terms, with president-elect assuming the position of president at the completion of the 1-year term as president-elect.
- Executive committee members are considered Board members, and they have additional responsibilities. The executive committee is responsible for keeping the PTA focused on the mission and meeting the objectives.
- Executive committee members are expected to attend all executive committee meetings and all general membership meetings. They are also expected to meet with the Board members to whom they are connected
PTA Executive Committee Roles /Job Descriptions
- The President works with the executive committee to design and conduct all executive committee meetings.
- The President is responsible for connecting with and supporting all Board members who lead events.
- The President is responsible for all duties and correspondence related to State and National PTA.
- The President is the liaison between the school administration, staff, and PTA membership.
- The President-elect works with the Executive Committee to design and conduct all general membership meetings.
- The President-elect is responsible for connecting with and supporting all board members who lead outreach efforts and fundraising specific efforts.
- The President-elect is responsible for all duties and correspondence related to County and Regional PTA.
- The President-elect is the liaison between the executive committee and the Board.
Vice President for Media and Marketing
- The VP for M&M works with the Board
- The VP for M&M is responsible for the dissemination of information to the Lowrie and Wilsonville community about events and efforts of the PTA.
- The VP for M&M is responsible for connecting with and supporting all Board members who lead media and marketing efforts.
- The VP for M&M is the liaison between the Board and the Lowrie community.
Vice President of Fundraising
- Reviews/revises Fundraising Strategy
- Guides the board in adhering to the Fundraising Strategy
- Oversees and supports all fundraising board positions Acts as liaison between EC and fundraising board positions
- Works with the Treasurer/Budget Committee in setting funding goals and manages budget of fundraising activities
- The treasurer performs the fiduciary duties as described in State and Local Unit Bylaws
- Maintains PTA bank accounts including checking and merchant account(s)
- Prepares and presents monthly “budget to actual” or other financial reports at monthly PTA meeting
- Reconciles monthly bank statements
- Maintains the PTA checkbook (but cannot sign)
- Disperses payments and reimbursements as requested (and approved by the PTA)
- Prepares and maintains files for annual audit
- Responsible for maintaining insurance and filing annual report with Oregon Secretary of State’s Office
- Coordinates with the CPA for tax filings
- The secretary works to accurately document all business conducted at Executive
- Committee and Board meetings.
- The Secretary is responsible for the timely distribution of minutes from all PTA
- meetings. The minutes shall be uploaded to the PTA web site and also e-mailed to all members.
- The Secretary is responsible for coordinating all correspondence between the Executive Committee, the Board, and the general membership.